Associate Member of the Institute of Biology
Who are eligible to become an Associate Member?
Every candidate for election or transfer to the category of member shall satisfy the Council that he is at least 21 years of age and satisfies any one of the following requirements:
- A person who possesses in any field of Biology a first or second class degree from a recognized university
- A person who possesses in any field of Biology a Bachelors degree from a recognized university and 2 years’ experience in biological research, in the teaching or in the application of Biology.
- A person who has such qualifications and / or experience in the field of Biology as acceptable to the Council
- A person who possesses a pass in the Institute Part II Examination and is engaged in or associated actively with any branch of Biology.
How to become an Associate Member?
Please download the application, fill and send with a recent biodata and other relevant particulars as specified in the application to, the Secretary/IOBSL.
- Email- Scanned copies to: [email protected]
- Send the originals through registered post to the address: The Secretary, Institute of Biology, ‘Vidya Mandiraya’, 120/10, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 7
Applications must reach the secretary by the end of the month to be tabled at the following month’s council meeting. Outcome of your application will be notified soon after the council meeting. The effective date of your membership is the council date of it’s approval and the membership awarding letter will be sent to you by post.
Subscription fee: Rs. 1,000.00 (Annual) An updated application is required to be submitted annually.