Young Scientist Award of the Institute of Biology Sri Lanka
This award aims to recognize young biologists who excel in research and have contributed to the development of the field of Biology in Sri Lanka. A Medal will be awarded to the winner at the Inauguration Ceremony of the 42nd Annual Sessions of the Institute of Biology Sri Lanka.
- Applicants must be below 40 years of age by the closing date of the applications.
- This is a lifetime award and award winners are not eligible to reapply.
The applicants will be evaluated on their contribution to 5 areas: research, innovation, grants, leadership and other contributions to the field of Biology. The applicant must submit the following in support of their application.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A statement explaining the contributions to and achievements in the field of Biology with respect to the research, innovation, grants, leadership and other contribution to Biology.
- The applicant should indicate the marks claimed for each component of the marking scheme.
- The marking scheme should be downloaded, filled and submitted as a self-evaluation indicating the marks claimed for each contribution and achievement.
- A brief description (maximum 250 words) on the best five contributions/ and/or achievements indicating why those are considered as the best should also be submitted.
- Supporting documents for each claim should be submitted.
The application form can be accessed at Young Scientist Award of the Institute of Biology Sri Lanka : Application From (google.com)
The detailed marking scheme can be downloaded below.Download Marking Scheme