Young Scientist Award of the Institute of Biology Sri Lanka
This award aims to recognize young biologists who excel in research and have contributed to the development of the field of Biology in Sri Lanka. A Medal will be awarded to the winner at the Inauguration Ceremony of the 43rd Annual Sessions of the Institute of Biology Sri Lanka.
- Applicants must be below 40 years of age by the closing date of the applications.
- The applicants will be evaluated on their contribution to 5 areas: research, innovation, grants, leadership and other contributions to the field of Biology.
- This is a lifetime award and previous winners are not eligible to reapply.
The applicant must submit the following in support of their application.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A statement explaining the contributions to and achievements in the field of Biology with respect to the research, innovation, grants, leadership, and other contributions to Biology.
- The applicant should indicate the marks claimed for each component of the marking scheme.
- A self-evaluation indicating the marks claimed for each contribution and achievement should be submitted.
- A brief description (maximum 250 words) of the best five contributions/ and/or achievements indicating why those are considered the best should also be submitted.
- Supporting documents for each claim should be submitted.
- Copies of the birth certificate and higher education certificates (i.e.: undergraduate and postgraduate).
The detailed marking scheme can be downloaded below.Download Marking Scheme