Member of the Institute of Biology
Since there is a growing demand from foreign applicants, Institute of Biology accepts applications from biologists who are not citizens of Sri Lanka.
Who are eligible to become a Member?
Every candidate for election or transfer to the category of member shall satisfy the Council that he is at least 25 years of age and satisfies any one of the following requirements:
- A person who possesses, in any field of Biology, a Ph.D Degree or Equivalent from a recognized University.
- A person who possesses in any field of Biology a 1st or 2nd class Degree from a recognized University and has at least 5 years of experience in biological research or in the teaching or application of Biology.
- A person who possesses in any field of Biology a Bachelors degree and a postgraduate degree from a recognized university.
- A person who possesses in any field of Biology a Bachelors degree and 10 years experience in biological research or in the teaching or application of Biology.
- A person who possesses a postgraduate degree in any field, but actively engages in teaching, research or development related to biology. Scientists who apply under this clause should show evidence for significant contribution to the field of Biology acceptable to the council.
How to become a Member?
Please download and fill the application, and send your application to “The Secretary, Institute of Biology, 120/10, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 7 along with a recent bio data.
Applications must reach the secretary by the end of the month to be tabled at the following month’s council meeting. Outcome of your application will be notified soon after the council meeting. The effective date of your membership is the council date of it’s approval and the membership certificate will be awarded at the following annual general meeting.
- Member (Sri Lankan): Rs. 10,000.00 (one time)
- Member (Foreign): USD 100 (one time)